| ![]() |
![]() |
Several exterior views of the reconstructed great kiva in the plaza of the ruins. The entrance is seen in the upper left, exit in the upper right and a view of the roof to the left. Earl Morris excavated this kiva in 1921 and performed a reconstruction 1934. There is a ring of outer rooms which may have connected to the large central chamber. When Morris reconstructed this kiva, he built a doorway from each outer chamber to the central area. These doorways could have been niches. |
|
|
There are four pillars holding the roof and made from alternating layers of masonry and wood created the strength needed to support the roofing. The roof was made from timber with a final layer of earth on the top. |
![]() |
![]() |
Stones used in the base of the pillar |


The interior of the great kiva shows the reconstructed doorways, floor vaults, and a central firepit. It is unknown what the floor vaults were used for. It is also suspected that the roof was originally lower.
